Welcome to our archive and here is a link to our old website if you want to view any of our other sites.
Amongst the more notable sites on which the group has worked over the years are the following, now managed by the owners:
1. School sites, including West End Primary School, creating raised beds; Morecambe Road Special School, planting an avenue of trees together with some boundary planting; Torrisholme School, creating two small wildlife areas, including a pond, together with a millennium arboretum which now provides shade for the children, and corner sites which provide useful wildlife habitats in an urban setting; a wildlife garden creation at Grosvenor Park School.
2. Whittingham Hospital Orchard. The large former hospital orchard contained a large variety of fruit trees replanted in the 1950s. We worked on this site, including pruning work and some replanting, for several years in conjunction with the Northern Fruit Group.
3. Drystone walling sites within the Arnside/Silverdale AONB. We have undertaken considerable rebuilding and repair work to drystone walls across the AONB, but primarily within the former Hazelwood Farm.
4. Tree planting work at Middleton Nature Reserve, in conjunction with the Lancashire Wildlife Trust.
5. Woodland management work and replanting at the Lune Aqueduct site.
6. Low Lane Wood. The group renamed this site which was once an isolation hospital site for the local authority. We provided access steps, attended to the boundaries and planted trees and shrubs to help strengthen the site. It provided much needed woodland in an area with low tree cover.